An investment in learning about identity theft today will not only help protect your identity from thieves, but may also help restore your good name and credit if you become a victim of identity theft. Take a moment to learn how to protect yourself against identity theft and how to resolve the problems associated with this crime.
ID Theft Central is designed to launch a process of learning about identity theft.
Credit reporting agencies
Protect your identity with these services
- 90-Day Fraud Alert
- Consumer Credit Freeze
- Annual Credit Report
- National Do No Call Registry
Child Identity Theft
- What to do if your child is a victim of identity theft?
- Child Identity Protection program – Utah Attorney General’s Office
Learn the basics of identity theft
- What is identity theft and how does it happen?
- What are the warning signs?
- Steps that may help prevent identity theft
- Immediate steps to take if you become a victim of identity theft
- Wallet or purse was lost or stolen
- Online resumés and identity theft
- Steps to protect your child from identity theft
- Criminal Record Created Because of Identity Theft
- Guide for guarding personal information at the work place
- Ask your local police department to add you to the FBI’s NCIC identity theft file for victims